I am pleased to inform you that the CITE Research Symposium 2012 (CITERS) will be held on 15-16 June 2012 (Friday & Saturday), at the University of Hong Kong. This year’s CITERS is in collaboration with the Education Bureau, HKSAR, Centre for Enhancement of Teaching and Learning (CETL) and HKU Libraries of the University of Hong Kong. The symposium’s main theme is ‘E-Learning in a changing landscape of emerging technologies and pedagogies’.
The CITERS 2012 Organizing Committee is now calling for contributions from educational researchers and practitioners, including teacher educators, principals, teachers, government officers, librarians, students and graduates from education programs, CITE members and those interested in IT and educational research. More details about CITERS 2012 can be found in <a> http://citers2012.cite.hku.hk/</a>
The symposium has four sub-themes:
• Emerging technologies: cloud computing, mobile technologies, beyond Web 2.0 – changing affordances for emergent practices
• e-Leadership: Leading e-learning in a changing education ecology – managing change in a constantly changing environment
• e-Pedagogy for mobile, ubiquitous learning - new ways of teaching with new technologies
• Learning analytics: analysis and visualization tools to support assessment for learning and just-in-time feedback
Five presentation formats will be accepted, namely:
• Symposia (group of presentations on a theme)
• Paper Presentations
• Virtual Paper Presentations
• Teacher and student Demonstrations
Submitted contributions will be reviewed by the CITERS 2012 Organizing Committee. Full papers (optional) submitted will have a chance to be published in the ITEC e-Journal. Regarding the instructions for preparing the papers, please kindly refer to URL <a>http://ejournal.cite.hku.hk</a> for submission details.
Accepted proposals will be invited for presentation at the Symposium. Selection criteria:
• Relevance of the presentation to the theme of the symposium
• Originality of the presentation contents
• Clarity of the presentation
Instructions for the preparation and submission of proposals:
• Authors who wish to submit more than one abstract should fill out a separate submission form for each abstract
• Abstracts should be submitted electronically in MSWord document format via the online Symposium submission form
• The author’s full name must be exactly the same in all abstracts when more than one abstract is submitted
Deadline for submission: 30 April 2012 (Mon)
Notification of acceptance: 11 May 2012 (Fri)
Final submission of abstracts (100 words) for presentation: 21 May 2012 (Mon)
Full paper submission (optional): 13 June 2012
Conference dates: 15 -16 June 2012
Please submit proposals via our conference system at <a>http://ocs.cite.hku.hk/</a> by 30 April 2012.
I look forward to your active participation.
Dr. Bob Fox
Deputy Director, CITE &
CITERS 2012 Organizing Committee Chair